Mooring Integrity Management
With increased regulation surrounding the requirements for Safety arguments to be presented for mooring systems, competent, detailed analysis has become increasingly important.
Moorsure can provide functional and performance based safety assessments as part of the mooring analysis, to the level of detail required by regulators. Our System Safety Engineers have experience in delivering detailed safety assessments, are well recognised as experts in the field, and have been accredited across a number of regulating bodies.
Mooring System Safety
System Safety involves the design of systems which are both safe and fit for purpose. As a discipline, system safety focuses on identifying potential mishaps associated with a system(s) and either eliminating them, or reducing their risk to a level that is acceptable.
Typically this risk reduction is achieved through the elimination of hazards, or the implementation of preventative or mitigative control measures.
Moorsure can offer a range of specialist services, including:
Mooring System Analysis within the System Safety Discipline:
– Safety Program Scoping, Planning and Mooring Integrity Management
Mooring System Safety Analysis:
– Hazard Identification – Structured What If Technique (SWIFT) – Hazard and Operability (HazOp) Studies
– Mooring Integrity Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
– Fault and Event Tree Modelling
– Computational Fluid Dynamics Consequence Modelling (Fire, Blast, Impact & Penetration, Smoke, Toxic Species, Oil Spill)
– Quantification of Health EffectsMooring System Functional Safety and Safe System Design
– Codification of Safety Processes and Procedures Independent Review and Audit